Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 5 Microblogging

My experiences with Facebook and Twitter are fairly new. I first joined Twitter and did not find cause to use it. I believe that if I used my cell phone for sending posts I would have used Twitter more frequently and for sharing with my friends and family. Since working through Microblogging I have joied a few more groups. After trying Twitter, I joined Facebook and check it about daily. Both applications are set up to send me email alerts.

Creating a Facebook account for students is taking a discussion group to the next level. Teachers can post links, thoughts, or assignments and students can post videos, pictures, images, etc. in addition to their text/discussion contributions. Students (and teachers) can use Twitter and back channeling in the same manner that they use texting with their cell phones. As one of the posted articles pointed out, during lecture type opportunities the students can post spontaneous thoughts and/or find quick references.

No comments: