Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 4 Video Hosting

My daughter is taking an online college math class and was having difficulty understanding the teacher's instructions. A friend suggested that she look for help using YouTube. It was an excellent suggestion. She found a video of a teacher giving the lesson exactly as she needed.

Using YouTube to allow students to share their work can be simply another means for teaching and learning (peer tutoring and honing communication skills), inspirational to others and confidence building.

5 comments:

VWB said...

Did you try posting something to one of the services? An Animoto is pretty easy to add to Youtube..you can do it directly from the Animoto site.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

I posted my animoto video (Texas Coast, at the bottom of my blog) to my Facebook. It was very easy to do, but not worth sharing on YouTube.

L'l Bit said...

I was surprised at the number of useful videos on YouTube. If you don't understand how to do something, just do a search (like your daughter) and see what you come up with.
I liked your Animoto video. Don't you think this would be a nice way for students to introduce themselves - put their pictures into motion and reveal what is important to them. a good thing to do at the beginning of a new school year with kids!

Andrea said...

Yes, it would be a great ice breaker. I know that using the free version really made me think about which slides to use and in what order (careful and meaningful planning).