Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing 15

I absolutely loved the short video. It recaps so many truths. I am working on my MEADM online. Initially, it absorbed 100% of my time outside of work and I thought I made a mistake; however, two years later with only two more courses to go, I couldn't be more pleased with my decision. I will enroll in a doctoral program and it will be online. I do not understand why we (the world of education) is not so much more advanced in this, online/computer technology, area related to delivering instruction arena. (Absenteeism would be a non issue, we could expand our enrollment, etc.)

My son and daughter both have required texts their college instructors/professors never used. The speed and range of access afforded through use of online texts and libraries can't be beat (not to mention the green factor).

Michael Stephens mentions in his article, Into a new world of leadership, that in the Librarian 2.0 "technolust" a "librarian does not buy technology for the sake of technology." Tuche. Our SBISD Library Resource staff is addressing a "real world" activity by offering us this professional development opportunity. Thank you for being one of the "trendsetters."

2 comments:

VWB said...

Glad you are finding it rewarding to do this...our reward will be having you as an administrator somewhere some day soon who understands the value of the librarian(s) in your circle of influence and the contributions we can make to student success!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh - the library resource department has demonstrated their connection to student learning and shot way out ahead of the curriculum pack through offering this professional development opportunity.
Circle of influence and leadership!